House of goth
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House of goth

A place for those who appreciate the darker side of life to meet, talk and hang out

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Prose- "Meal Interruptions"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Morbid Kitty

Morbid Kitty

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-06-11

Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Empty
PostSubject: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 2:11 am

This is one of my favorites. I dare say I find it to be a little Kafkaesque, as egotistical as that may sound... Please let me know what you think!

She stood on the badly shingled rooftop, cold rain drops beating down on her pale skin, soaking through her torn jeans and ratty t-shirt. She stared out at the dull neighborhood which lay beneath her. Cars always occupied the four lane road and someone could always be spotted beneath the light of the street lamps.

A convenient store stood only four driveways down and a small plaza just beyond that causing traffic of all kinds to buzz past her. So it would be safe to assume that someone would notice if anything out of the ordinary was to occur, say for instance a small woman standing on a rooftop in the rain.

Though as she stood on the badly shingled rooftop in the pouring rain, drenched to the bone, no one uttered a word. Cars still sailed past exhaling their toxic fumes, people still stood under street lamps, and the convenient store was always open, though no one mentioned the girl on the rooftop.

She stood on the rooftop in the pouring rain for four days.

On the fifth day lightening struck the rooftop and the bolts rushed through her and still no one noticed. The electricity ran through her for four hours, shaking her small worn body like a rag doll and when it finally dropped her back onto the rooftop she fell through and landed on her family’s dinner table.

The girl lay there, burnt to a crisp upon their well filled plates and finally someone noticed. The head of the table stood and tossed his serviette on top of her blackened face and remarked, “Well now my dinner’s ruined.”
Back to top Go down
http://morbidkittycorpse.deviantart.com
RAGEWOLF

Number of posts : 1059
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 3:50 am

that almost sounds exactly like the story of my life except for the fact that,well i'm not a girl. but other than that i really liked this it made me want to cry, because it hit home soo very hard.
Back to top Go down
Marcus Kane

Marcus Kane

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 12:16 pm

very well done..often times ones concern lies with themselves to the point they cannot see others need for help..I HOPE I'm not like that but I suppose we are all guilty at times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cellardweller.webs.com
RAGEWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Razz i love poetry unfortunately i've not the talent for it myself. my brother is more of a poetical person maybe he will post some of his less gruesome, less hate filled poems. i'll ask him sometime if i remember to. Razz
Back to top Go down
BlackWolf187

BlackWolf187

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 10:28 pm

That was Intense ! Yes I've got to agree with Marcus..ESP in this world people are way too blinded by their own lives to notice the pain of another..course then again maybe they ignore it so that they can also overlook the emptyness in their own lives..Very Tragic isn't it ?
Back to top Go down
RAGEWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 11:47 pm

pirat i love all these poems an i wish that i was half as talented..
Back to top Go down
dead skin mask

dead skin mask

Number of posts : 624

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:13 pm

i ditto what rage said
Back to top Go down
RAGEWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:28 pm

i really truely wish that i could put words together to form a poem of some kind. because my life is of the kind that would make up some really sad poems an some good ones too. gggrrr
Back to top Go down
dead skin mask

dead skin mask

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:53 pm

i am working on writing a book about my kids....it taking a while....but i get it done yet.
Back to top Go down
RAGEWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 10:13 pm

i'd like to read it when it's finished
Back to top Go down
Morbid Kitty

Morbid Kitty

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 3:18 am

writing just happens, anyone can write a poem or a prose or a story. I started writing because I had too much I wanted to do and experience and couldn't, and later too much inside myself to deal with. So I wrote about it. It just spills out when you sit down with a pen and paper, or at a computer. If you don't think what you write is any good, leave it for awhile, then come back later and edit a few things. It's okay to change whole lines or even thoughts the second, third and forth time around editing. keep working at it until it's something you like and feel an attachment to...

Rolling Eyes tongue
okay, sappy, geeky writers speech/lesson is over..... rabbit
Back to top Go down
http://morbidkittycorpse.deviantart.com
RAGEWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 6:53 pm

hello my friend morbid, i've not seen you online in awhile. how have you been doing lately?
Back to top Go down
dead skin mask

dead skin mask

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 2:58 pm

and where have you been
Back to top Go down
RAGEWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 7:45 pm

i've been here but i do not remember seeing her name pop up here in awhile. Razz
Back to top Go down
dead skin mask

dead skin mask

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:26 pm

like...duh!!!
Back to top Go down
RAGEWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 10:51 pm

like o.m.g. like totally tubular an stuff dude. you know what i'm saying like just wow
Back to top Go down
dead skin mask

dead skin mask

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 5:30 pm

dude...i like totally agree with you!!!
Back to top Go down
RAGEWOLF

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 3:14 pm

like wow really dude noway, totally awesome man. like wicked cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prose- "Meal Interruptions"   Prose- "Meal Interruptions" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prose- "Meal Interruptions"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
House of goth :: Poetry-
Jump to: